Sunday, 26 June 2011

Never forget That computers are Computers and we are Human

A bit of a profound title I know. I have just spent the last two days trying to get a memory management error out of my code, with no luck. After getting increasingly frustrated with the app I turned to good old stack overflow. It appears there are people with similar problems, but no one seems to know why It happens or how to fix it. Luckily for me I make regular snapshots of my app so that I can restore a copy of it. I have no I dear why a 3 day old version of my app works fine an my current copy doesn't. So I took the old copy made the same changes as I did before and your never guess. No error. weird!

jakes top tip

 Make regular snap shops. You will thank yourself later!


I am  going to conduct a postmortem so to speak of the broken app and compare it with the restored copy to see if I can track down this error once and for all. Ill keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment